Prices of past volumes of Proceedings
From volume 136 onward, standard and subscription prices are printed on the back cover. Subscriptions are available to members of DNHAS and to libraries. For more details contact the Museum.
Volumes without a printed price, and all volumes before the latest 5, may be bought while stocks remain. Prices vary with scarcity:
£5 if there are at least 16 copies in stock,
£10 if 11-15 copies,
£15 if 6-10 copies,
£20 if 1-5 copies.
CLICK HERE to read the numbers in stock
Discounts for quantity:
10% for 6 or more volumes bought together, 25% for 20 volumes.
A very few series of volumes 1-115 (some with vol. 2 missing) are available for purchase by libraries; prices on application.
Prices are for goods collected from the Museum. For sending goods to another address, we add the actual carriage cost and a fixed administrative charge of £5.00 for each order (an order being any number of volumes ordered at the same time). Weights, where given, are approximate and exclude packing.
Please e-mail your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of us will reply as soon as possible.
Before you write, you may find the following notes helpful.
1. Offprints of articles are priced at 20p per A4 side. Postage and packing, and an administration charge (currently £5.00), are added to the price of each order.
2. Recent volumes of PDNHAS are in A4 format, but some older volumes (1--55, 81--93) are small enough that a double-page can be photocopied on each A4 side. Sometimes there are Plates, additional to the numbered pages.
3. Please order articles by Volume : First page : Short title.
Example : Vol. 123, page 1, Winterborne Came Rectory
Always give a short title, to guard against mistakes.
4. Whole volumes of PDNHAS, and other books published by DNHAS, may be ordered in the same way.
Please order volumes of PDNHAS by volume number (not by year).
Please order Monographs by number, but to avoid misunderstanding, always mention the title as well.
5. Prices and availability of complete volumes of PDNHAS vary. Please state what volumes you want, and we will reply with a price, with no obligation to purchase. More information is available here.
6. Don't forget to send a full postal address. When we know exactly what items to send, we will advise you by e-mail of what you need to pay. Then post either a cheque or your card details (Mastercard, Visa or Maestro/Switch) to our finance officers at Dorset County Museum, High West Street, Dorchester DT1 1XA, and your order will be posted to you. We will always try to handle your order without delay, but we cannot undertake to deliver by a specified deadline.
7. We regret that: we cannot accept card details over the Internet; we do not accept other cards (such as Amex).
8. If you have problems, write to us anyway and we will try to answer quickly. You don't have to order anything at the same time!