If you are coming to Dorchester to visit Dippy why not take some time to explore the rest of town? Dorchester has a lot to offer and a lot of the town's businesses want to give you a warm welcome too! Look out for the Green Dippy window stickers, when you see one, you know that there are some great offers, special dinosaur-related products or dishes waiting you you to discover. Just take your 'Dippy on Tour' tickets from the Dorset County Museum with you to show as proof of your visit! For more information visit www.dorchesterdorset.com
Participating stores already include:
- 3 Legged Llama special Offer on Dinosaur figures
- Amplifon 10% off selected hearing aids
- Barwick music
- Body shop
- Boots Opticians 30% off glasses/sunglasses PLUS free goody bag for young visitors!
- Brewhouse & Kitchen 10% off
- Buy Specs Direct
- Convivial Rabbit 175ml glass for price of 125ml Tyrannosaurus Red Pinot Noir
- Crafty Boutique Discounts on selected items
- Creams 10% off (Monday to Friday only)
- Crystals half price fossils to people who are going to see Dippy
- Curiositea Free dinosaur biscuit for kids with every hot drink purchase.
- East Sale on
- Every Cloud Dippy discounts on gifts & jewellery
- Fix it phones 10% off
- Frank Herrings 10% off & weekly doodle competition
- Goldcrest Jewellers 10% all diamonds! (Excludes 2nd hand)
- Great Western Camping 10%
- Hendover Cafe FREE Dinosaur figure for kids dining +10% off kids meals
- Hobbs 10% off
- Loose Moose
- Maxgate Properties Exclusive 0.5% (+VAT) selling fee for Dippy ticket holders
- Munchkins Your little ones Play for free on day of valid ticket
- Nandos NanDINO's meals - Perfect for under 10's!
- Posh Partridge 10% off when spending £15 or more
- Renaissance Beauty Salon
- Sprint Printing
- Stones Fireplaces
- The Casterbridge 10% off rooms
- The Horse With The Red Umbrella 10% off when spending £10+
- The Oak rooms
- The old teahouse 10% and Dippy burgers!
- Wagamama Free soft drinks with kids meals
- Wessex Royale Hotel FREE breakfast with a nights stay
- Westwood house 3 nights stay B&B just £255
- Wise Owl toys 10% off Dinosaur models
It’s been 8 weeks since Dippy the Diplodocus, the Natural History Museum’s iconic 26-metre cast dinosaur, arrived in Dorset on the first stop of his UK tour. Today, 4-year old Benjamin from Poundbury in Dorchester was Dippy’s 100,000th guest.
To coincide with the Easter Holidays and also Natural History Museum’s exhibition ‘Dippy on Tour: A Natural History Adventure families will have the opportunity to join in with exciting dinosaur-themed family activities and competitions.
To mark the historic arrival of Dippy the Diplodocus and thousands of visitors to Dorset County Museum, the town and local shop keepers are quite literally putting the welcome flags out. In a unique collaborative venture, The Dorchester Business Improvement District (BID) has agreed to support the Dorset County Museum and its hosting of Dippy by providing visitors with a range of visitor ‘Dippy Deals’.
Harry Swift from Eastleigh in Hampshire was drawn at random from hundreds of budding scientists to help assist the reconstruction of Dippy the Diplodocus at Dorset County Museum.