Putting the welcome flags out to mark Dippy’s visit
To mark the historic arrival of Dippy the Diplodocus and thousands of visitors to Dorset County Museum, the town and local shop keepers are quite literally putting the welcome flags out.
In a unique collaborative venture, The Dorchester Business Improvement District (BID) has agreed to support the Dorset County Museum and its hosting of Dippy by providing visitors with a range of visitor ‘Dippy Deals’.
Dippy will reside in Dorset County Museum’s Victorian Gallery, from Saturday 10th February to Monday 7th May 2018 and during this time participating stores throughout the town will be displaying special ‘Dippy Stickers’. Each sticker denoting that Dippy visitors are welcome and that they are entitled to a range of exclusive discounts and offers.
Dr. Jon Murden, Director of Dorset County Museum is delighted with the support of the local community. He says: “It’s just brilliant to see the High Street coming together for the arrival of Dippy the Diplodocus. We are very pleased to be working in collaboration with the Dorchester BID to enhance Dippy’s presence in the town during his stay, whilst helping the shops and cafes on the museum’s doorstep benefit from the thousands of visitors booked to see our special guest.”
Dippy ticket holders will be able to make the most of the town’s special offers and discounts throughout Dippy’s stay here in Dorset. These range from free play for Dippy explorers at Munchkins Play Café to 30% off glasses at Boots Opticians.
Participating stores already include:
- Loose Moose
- Wessex Royale Hotel FREE breakfast with a nights stay
- Munchkins Your little ones Play for free on day of valid ticket
- Posh Partridge 10% off when spending £15 or more
- Every Cloud Dippy discounts on gifts & jewellery
- Boots Opticians 30% off glasses/sunglasses PLUS free goody bag for young visitors!
- Wise Owl toys 10% off Dinosaur models
- Stones Fireplaces
- East Sale on
- Convivial Rabbit 175ml glass for price of 125ml Tyrannosaurus Red Pinot Noir
- Great Western Camping 10%
- Westwood House 3 nights stay B&B just £255
- The Old Teahouse 10% and Dippy burgers!
- Frank Herrings 10% off & weekly doodle competition
- The Horse With The Red Umbrella 10% off when spending £10+
- Crystals half price fossils to people who are going to see Dippy
- Buy Specs Direct
- Renaissance Beauty Salon
- Brewhouse & Kitchen 10% off
- Creams 10% off (Monday to Friday only)
- Nandos NanDINO's meals - Perfect for under 10's!
- Hobbs 10% off
- Maxgate Properties Exclusive 0.5% (+VAT) selling fee for Dippy ticket holders
- Wagamama Free soft drinks with kids meals
- Sprint Printing
- Body shop
- Curiositea Free dinosaur biscuit for kids with every hot drink purchase.
- The Oak Rooms
- Barwick Music
- The Casterbridge 10% off rooms
- 3 Legged Llama special Offer on Dinosaur figures
- Hendover Cafe FREE Dinosaur figure for kids dining +10% off kids meals
- Fix it Phones 10% off
- Goldcrest Jewellers 10% all diamonds! (Excludes 2nd hand)
- Crafty Boutique Discounts on selected items
For more information visit www.dorchesterdorset.com
Phil Gordon, Project Director DBID comments: “The Dorchester BID is delighted to support Dippy’s visit to our County Town, the Jewell in the crown of the Jurassic coastal area. We see Dippy coming to Dorchester as an exciting, once in a lifetime event and of course, a great opportunity for us to welcome a host of new visitors to town, and for 100’s of businesses to benefit from the extra footfall.”
To celebrate this event and to ensure the town is suitably dressed for the occasion, businesses either side of the High Street will be draped with specially designed ‘Dippy on Tour’ flags that will point the way for visitors.
Dippy’s visit to Dorset is for a limited time only and will not be repeated again. To book FREE tickets to this once in a lifetime family experience, visit CLICK HERE or visit the Museum’s main reception.
Published by Dorset County Museum Monday 5th February 2018