Donations are vital to the future of Dorset County Museum for:
- Conserving and maintaining our collections and historic building
- Presenting innovative temporary exhibitions
- Continuing our commitment to high quality education programmes and research
- Purchasing key acquisitions
You can contribute to Dorset County Museum by:
- Giving cash personally in a Museum donation box
- Sending a cheque payable to ‘DNHAS’ to Dorset County Museum
- Making a simple, secure online donation using your credit/debit card on-line (link to Pay Pal Donate site)
- Making a gift of quoted shares or securities. Generous tax benefits are available for donors of shares and securities listed on the stock exchange. Such gifts are exempt from capital gains tax and the donor will receive income tax relief on the full market value of shares at the time of sale. Please contact us to discuss how to make a gift by this means.
If you are a UK taxpayer and would like your gift to be tax effective, Gift Aid allows you to increase the value of your donation without incurring any extra cost. For example, a gift of £250 is worth £325 to the Museum, as we are able to reclaim tax you have paid at basic rate. Please complete and return our Gift Aid Form (link to PDF) with your donation.
For further details on making a donation please contact:
Dorset County Museum
High West Street
Tel: 01305 262735
Fax: 01305 257180