In light of ongoing global situation regarding Corona virus (COVID-19) and as a responsible charity, we have taken the decision to postpone our tour of the Inflatable Dorset Museum around the county and temporarily close the Offices and Members Room in Durngate Street and Offices in North Square, Dorchester until further notice.
The events, which will no longer take place, are as follows:
- [CANCELLED] Dorset County Museum Music Society – Barbican Quartet: Wednesday 18 March 2020, 19.30 St Mary’s Church, Edward Road Dorchester, DT1 2HL
- [CANCELLED] Inflatable Museum – Corfe Castle: Saturday 21 March 2020, 11.00 – 15.00, Village Hall, East Street, Corfe Castle, Dorset, BH20 5EE
- [CANCELLED] Dorset County Museum Music Society – Ugnius Pauliukonis: Wednesday 15 APRIL 2020, 19.30, St Mary’s Church, Edward Road Dorchester, DT1 2HL
- [CANCELLED] Inflatable Museum – Cranborne: Saturday, 18 April 2020, 11.00 – 15.00, Cranborne Middle School, Cranborne, Dorset, BH21 5RP
- [CANCELLED] Inflatable Museum – Child Okeford: Saturday 25 April 2020, 11.00 – 15.00, Child Okeford Village Hall, The Hollow, Child Okeford, Blandford Forum, Dorset, DT11 8EX
The Inflatable Museum events involve a lot of hands on activities so we believe it is important to take this action and play our part in delaying the spread of the virus. This decision has been made to ensure the wellbeing of our visitors, staff and volunteers, a number of which are classified as vulnerable. Although, it is with great sadness to suspend our travels around the county, it is the Museum’s utmost priority to protect our community.
We hope to be able to rearrange these events at a later date and will be monitoring the situation closely. Please keep an eye on our website for further updates.
Thank you to our visitors, members and volunteers support during this time. We do need your continued support and are very appreciative of your patience as we continue to work towards opening the new Dorset Museum later this year.
We’ll be back in touch soon with additional updates.
Any enquiries by email can be made using our form on our CONTACT US page